Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Introduction - Denice Stewart

Hello, everyone. My name is Denice Stewart, and I am an inspirational romance writer, unpublished so far.

At the moment, I am working on a trilogy of contemporary romances set in Grapevine, TX. I have one manuscript completed, and I am plotting the next two based on characters from the first book.

Now, about me personally.

I have been married for 10 years to my husband, Scott, and we have three rambunctious children; 5 year old twin boys, and a 1 year old little girl. The twins are ornery and the baby is just as bad. She follows her brothers everywhere, and gets into just as much trouble as they do.

So, with three small children underfoot, it’s hard (if not impossible) to find quiet moments alone with my husband.

And since we are currently a single-income family, we are also broke as a joke.

But despite these obstacles, I believe in trying to keep the romance alive in a marriage. I mean, let’s face it, marriages wither and die without the proper care. They just do.

And any number of issues can lead to a couple’s relational demise, but I have decided not to let the loss of romance in my marriage be one of them.

Besides, I’m a romance writer. I dream about it, I breathe it, I absorb it like a sponge. But admittedly, somewhere between the kids, the bills, and our hectic schedules, the romance in our marriage has fizzled.

So I decided that since I am looking for ways to spice up my own love life, and I don’t just mean in the bedroom (although we might go there, too . . . you never know!), I thought I would share with you some of my experiences, stories, tips, and other advice on how I plan to do this.

I hope you enjoy our posts, and we look forward to your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, there Denise.
    I'm celebrating my 32 anniversary this week.

    As for romance....well, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Mary! Stick around and both us "old gals" may learn a few things about spicing up 30+-year-old marriages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, I hope not. Spice..I do NOT need at this point.

    I'm even supposed to be cutting down on salt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denice, the blog looks fabulous! And I'm wishing you much success. HOWEVER, I'm a little nervous about reading about your love life. After all, I changed your husband's diapers. Maybe if I just skim the racy parts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you like the new look.

    And don't worry, any risky posts will have a warning at the beginning: "Mothers and Mothers-in-law may want to avoid this article!"

    Thanks again for the hook-up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so excited to read this new blog... thanks for starting this you guys!!

    ReplyDelete