Monday, January 26, 2009

Introduction - Lacy Williams

Greetings! I am so excited to be a part of this new blogging team. Here's a little about me:

I have been married for six and a half years to my wonderful husband, Luke. We don't have any children yet, but we practice our parenting skills on our three Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Here's a pic of two out of three:

Photobucket

Between my husband and I, can you guess which one of us is the disciplinarian and which one is the pushover? Yep, this is a sign for how our future family is going to run. I guess it's better that I know this up front, right???

I hate housework but love climbing into bed with clean sheets on. I live in Oklahoma and have for all my life except for 1 year that I spent in Delaware. I found the Northeast a lot different and will probably always be a Midwest girl.

I am a future author. I write romance stories because I love happy endings. I love both historical and contemporary fiction, and usually my writing has at least a thread of suspense/mystery running through it. I'm currently writing a historical romance set in Wyoming in the late 1800s. I am a research geek and get really excited when I hit on a good source.

Some of my favorite authors and books are: Francine Rivers (The Atonement Child, Redeeming Love), Maureen Lang (The Oak Leaves, On Sparrow Hill), Sharon Hinck (The Restorer series), MaryLu Tyndall (The Redemption), Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice), Elizabeth Gaskell (North and South), and more and more.

Oh, yeah. I am an auditor for a local CPA firm, which sounds really cool but basically means I'm on my computer all day looking at accounts and reviewing financial statements. I have a degree in Accounting but my heart has always been for writing.

That's probably more than enough about me. Here comes my first blog post...

1 comment: