Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Really Romantic - I'm Not Lion

So, Broadway plays... they're like a 10 on my romance-o-meter. Luke would probably like them better if some bad guys rappelled in with big machine guns or something like that. :) However, he does have at least one music appreciation bone in his body, so every once in awhile, we get to go.

Last week, a friend of ours received 6 tickets to the Lion King, which has been showing here in town all month. We were invited to go, and amazingly, I didn't have to whine too much to get Luke to agree.

It was a "group date" so there wasn't a lot of alone time, but it was fun to hold hands or have his arm around my shoulders once the lights went down. And very fun just to have him with me when I know he probably would have preferred being at home watching basketball.

It also reminded me of when he took me to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway in New York City, over 7 years ago (gosh, I can't believe it's been that long!). We drove up to NYC from his parents' house in Wilmington, Delaware. That drive was an adventure in itself. Who knew that NYC drivers have their own language of honks? Phantom was incredible, but just being there with Luke made it a wonderful date.

So I guess since I got a date that was a 10, it's Luke's turn next. I wonder what sporting event he'll choose???

By the way, I am still singing Lion King songs this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment