Thursday, May 7, 2009

Scrabble


So what does the game Scrabble have with romancing your spouse? For my husband and me a lot. We love to play this game and often do on the weekend, but we aren't competitors. We are a team playing against the computer. I have laughed so much during these times we play Scrabble. It has been a great time for bonding.

I'm usually quick to put something up while my husband loves to take his time and try to use all the tiles even when we have letters like five or six vowels or q, v, f and b together. There's probably a word out there that has q, v, f and b, but I could think forever and never come up with it. I've threatened to use the speed version on my computer.

What kind of games do you play with your husband? Are you a team or competing against each other?

1 comment:

  1. My hubby and I were big time card players in college. Pitch and Spades were most common, and Pinochle came along later.

    Occasionally we are partners, which I really love, but most of the time we are competitors. And I don't mind when we compete . . . if he can avoid the smack talk.

    When that starts, I just want to smack the back of his head and tell him to stop being so mean to me. We're married, and while it might seem like fun to rub the competition's face in their loss, he still has to go home with an insulted wife at the end of the night.

    ReplyDelete