Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Hello. Denice here again to talk about that whole 'romance on a shoestring budget' thing.

So, I'm not exactly sure where I picked up this little tip, but I gotta say, I've tried it a few times and it works really well when I want to surprise my husband with a bold, loving statement, but I don't want to spend a lot (or any) money.

I take an old tube of lipstick, preferably red, and draw a huge heart on his bathroom mirror. Then I write, "I Luv U" in the center, and (this part may seem a little weird, but looks very cute) I put the lipstick on me and make lipstick "kisses" all around the mirror.

I do this either really early before he gets up, or wait until he's asleep, so the first thing he sees when he turns on the light for his shower is a wonderful wake up message.

He gets a positive and encouraging start to his day, and by the time he gets home, he usually brings something for me, as well (card, flowers, chocolate, whatever).

The only thing you have to worry about is clean-up, but honestly, the mirror probably needed to be cleaned anyway (at least mine does), and now you have a good reason to do it.

Give it a try sometime, and see how your spouse reacts. You both might be pleasantly surprised.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment