Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hello, everyone.

I thought I'd jot down a little something I noticed today. Or rather, it's been building all week, but this morning I actually had that, "Ah, ha!" moment.

I've been on a sort of self-imposed writing deadline this week. Since hubby is starting his new job next week (Woohoo!!), I've been trying to get as much written on a new book as I possibly can before my writing time is altered again.

So I've been putting much of the childcare burden on hubby.

And I'm sorry to say I hadn't noticed just how much of a help he has been all week (and for the last couple of months we've been doing household stuff together, but this week has been all about writing for me) until this morning.

Hubby took the boys to school. I went into my daughter's room to get her up, change her diaper and play for a little while.

Soon, my husband sauntered in, plopped down on the floor, and joined us in playing with blocks. Then he said, "Why don't you go work on your story while I feed her?"

"Sure." I smiled, said thanks, and trotted off to my room to fire up the computer.

Then he stuck in head in the door. "Have you eaten yet?"

"No."

"Why don't I bring you something?"

A nice surprise. "Yeah, thanks. That would be great."

And it hit me as I opened my browser a few minutes ago that it might not have been moonlight and roses, chocolates and champagne, but that was a pretty romantic gesture my hubby just did for me.

Sometimes they might just seem like ordinary, day in and day out kinds of things, but romantic gestures are there more often than you think. It's recognizing them that's the key.

And I will be sure to return the favor.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment